What could be more romantic than a cosy cottage for just you and your loved one this Valentine’s Day?
Heading off together for some time alone and away from the stresses and strains of day to day life is the perfect tonic for any relationship, whether you are in a new romance or are a couple in their 10th, 25th or 50th year together!
A Valentine cottage break lets you set your own pace and do your own thing, whether it is chilling out together indoors or exploring the countryside on romantic walks by the river, sea or countryside.
Where to head for a Valentine’s Day Cottage Break
The UK is not short of great self catering accommodation which can make choosing a little harder so we have selected cottages and apartments that are perfect for Valentine’s inspired romantic breaks in some of the prettiest parts of the UK.
- Romantic breaks in South Devon. South Devon, the English Riviera and the South Hams offer stunning coastlines, sweeping rivers, golden sandy beaches, rolling countryside, quaint fishing villages and so much more. A perfect romantic escape whether you are looking for coastline, countryside or a place to chill out. Find romantic breaks in South Devon»
- Romantic breaks in the Lakes. As one of the most beautiful areas of the UK, there is no better place to take your Valentine than the Lake District. With High Peaks, Open Fells and of course the great Lakes and rivers the landscape is there to be explored or just appreciated from your romantic cottage or lodge.
Find South Lakeland Valentine breaks»
- Peak District romance. An area of outstanding beauty covering parts of Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Cheshire, the Peak District provides great natural beauty in the form of moors and dales. Of course there are several famous stately homes nearby for a visit. Find romantic cottages in the Peak District»
- Romance in the Yorkshire Dales. A drystone cottage is Yorkshire in The Dales, surrounded by the patchwork of fields and glorious countryside is an idyllic and romantic break. The Dales has some wonderful towns and villages to explore as well as tea rooms to chill out in.
Cottages in the Yorkshire Dales»
- Romance in the Cotswolds. The Cotswolds is a favourite holiday destination for good reason, with its famed Cotswolds honey-coloured limestone cottages set in the beautiful rural countryside it is a visual feast. The phrase ‘picture-postcard villages’ was invented for it.
Cottages in the Cotswolds»
- Romantic breaks in the Norfolk Broads. On the east of the UK, the Broads waterways wind their way through the delightful Norfolk and Suffolk villages. Whether you are on a boat or staying close by the Broads are a romantic setting for any break.
Cottages in the Norfolk Broads»
- Romance in the Brecon Beacons. If you are looking for a romantic place there is nowhere better than Wales, and the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia provide heart warming scenery that will inspire the romance in everyone.
Cottages in the Brecon Beacons»
If these locations are not quite right for you don’t worry, you can search for romantic cottages and apartments across the UK.
Search for Romantic Cottages in England, Scotland and Wales