For todays visit suggestion we have headed to the North East of England and the lovely Northumberland town of Corbridge.
Corbridge has specialist shops, old inns and a 12th Century bridge spanning the river. Hadrian’s Wall and Housesteads Fort are nearby, whilst the market town of Hexham is a few miles away with narrow streets, a selection of shops and an abbey with 15th Century paintings and a Saxon crypt.
Want to stay in Northumberland, then take a look at some of our Corbridge self catering cottages
Can you believe we are already at the end of June, what has happened to this month? So with just a few days left what can we possibly still squeeze in to this month… where can we go, what can we do?? We have put our thinking cap on and come up with a few things to do over the last few days of June…. feel free to add some more.
- Henley Royal Regatta. One of the great british sporting traditions the Henley Royal Regatta in Oxfordshire is a fantastic day out on the river bank with glass of champagne in hand! Find out more about Henley Royal Regatta
- Goodwood Festival of Speed. Not just for motor racing enthusiasts, the Goodwood Festival of Speed in West Sussex is a fun family day out with the famous hillclimb, rallying in the forest, Grand Prix bikes, supercars, Le Mans winners and Formula One cars. Find out more about Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Royal Norfolk Show. Today is the 2nd day of the country’s largest 2-day agricultural show in Norfolk near Norwich. The Royal Norfolk Show is a super family day out with so much to do and see… animals of course, but also The Household Cavalry Musical Ride, The RAF Falcons Freefall Parachute Team, The British Military Band and Double Harness Scurry Driving to name just a few. Find out more about the Royal Norfolk Show or see more County Shows
- Visit Bide-A-Wee Garden. This is a great time of year to visit British Gardens that are open to the public. Perfect for a relaxing afternoon in the sun and we are lucky that there are so many to visit. We have picked out one, Bide-A-Wee Gardens in Northumberland, a wonderful secret garden well worth seeing. More about Bide-A-Wee or see more British Gardens
- Wimbledon. It is difficult to turn on the TV without seeing Wimbledon highlights but why not go there and see it for yourself. Certainly in the first week there is more opportunity to get in so why not? More about Wimbledon
So what do you think of this list? So what else should we be doing in the next few days? Why not tell us via our Facebook, Twitter or post on our Blog below.
Source: Find Cottage Holidays