We may only just be saying goodbye to the sun, and reluctantly at that, but that’s not going to stop us thinking about getting back out in to the garden next Spring.
We are already looking forward to the freshly cut lawn and the daffodils sticking their heads up through the soil.
So with that in mind we thought we should be looking for self catering cottages that have a garden or a patio for us to enjoy on our holidays. I am pleased to say that our listings have thousands of great cottages with gardens and we have now made it easier to search for them with a special page 🙂
Start your search for small or large self catering cottages with gardens
During the October school half term we stayed in a lovely Cotswold cottage and visited Westonbirt, The National Arboretum. With over 17 miles of forest walks, glorious colour from 16,000 trees (2,500 different species) it is a lovely day out even on a cooler day.
Find out more about the National Arboretum.
Find a Cotswold cottage break
If you own or run a Garden that is open to Visitors in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland we would love to hear from you and give you a free listing in our British and Ireland Gardens to Visit pages.
We want to provide our website visitors with the best selection of gardens to visit while on holiday and so this is a genuinely FREE offer to promote your garden.
Simply contact us via our Facebook, Twitter or here on our blog and we will take it from there.
Can you believe we are already at the end of June, what has happened to this month? So with just a few days left what can we possibly still squeeze in to this month… where can we go, what can we do?? We have put our thinking cap on and come up with a few things to do over the last few days of June…. feel free to add some more.
- Henley Royal Regatta. One of the great british sporting traditions the Henley Royal Regatta in Oxfordshire is a fantastic day out on the river bank with glass of champagne in hand! Find out more about Henley Royal Regatta
- Goodwood Festival of Speed. Not just for motor racing enthusiasts, the Goodwood Festival of Speed in West Sussex is a fun family day out with the famous hillclimb, rallying in the forest, Grand Prix bikes, supercars, Le Mans winners and Formula One cars. Find out more about Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Royal Norfolk Show. Today is the 2nd day of the country’s largest 2-day agricultural show in Norfolk near Norwich. The Royal Norfolk Show is a super family day out with so much to do and see… animals of course, but also The Household Cavalry Musical Ride, The RAF Falcons Freefall Parachute Team, The British Military Band and Double Harness Scurry Driving to name just a few. Find out more about the Royal Norfolk Show or see more County Shows
- Visit Bide-A-Wee Garden. This is a great time of year to visit British Gardens that are open to the public. Perfect for a relaxing afternoon in the sun and we are lucky that there are so many to visit. We have picked out one, Bide-A-Wee Gardens in Northumberland, a wonderful secret garden well worth seeing. More about Bide-A-Wee or see more British Gardens
- Wimbledon. It is difficult to turn on the TV without seeing Wimbledon highlights but why not go there and see it for yourself. Certainly in the first week there is more opportunity to get in so why not? More about Wimbledon
So what do you think of this list? So what else should we be doing in the next few days? Why not tell us via our Facebook, Twitter or post on our Blog below.
Source: Find Cottage Holidays
Today the Queen has begun a two-day visit to Northern Ireland, covering Belfast and County Fermanagh, as part of the Diamond Jubilee tour.
We were inspired by seeing this beautiful area of Ireland receiving some well deserved positive TV coverage and so we have put together a list of selected holiday cottages in County Fermanagh and Belfast that are perfect for a short break or summer holiday.
County Fermanagh is mainly rural, covers nearly 653 square miles and has a population in the region of 57,000. The biggest town, and one HM The Queen is visiting on this trip, is Enniskillen which is the county town. The island town has a range of attractions including the Castle Coole Estate and Enniskillen Castle, which is home to the museum of The Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers and the 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards.
Other attractions County Fermanagh include Castle Archdale, Crom Estate, Devenish Island, Florence Court and Lough Navar Forest Park.
The Fermanagh County Show is held in August, other good County and Agricultural Shows in Ireland include Balmoral Show in Belfast and the Armagh Show.
If you are heading to Northern Ireland for a weekend break, short break or holiday have a great time and don’t forget to send us some pictures via Facebook.
Source: Find Cottage Holidays
The weather might not be too wonderful at the second but as they say ‘duck and gardeners will be happy with all this rain’. Well the gardeners gain could well be ours in a few weeks time as many of the wonderful British gardens are in full bloom and open to the public for the summer.
Britain and Ireland are lucky to have a very diverse selection of gardens, with country, city and coastal locations enabling a tremendous variety of planting. So whether you are interesting in seeing some glorious colour flower beds or more interested in well planted grasses, ferns and shrubs you are sure to find a garden for you.
If you want to get out and visit a garden while on a short break or your holiday we have put together a list of over 450 gardens across the UK and Ireland for you to choose from. See Gardens to Visit
Visited a Garden recently?
If you have visited a Garden recently why not tell us about it – post a comment here – or why not put some pictures on to our Facebook page. We, and our other visitors, would love to know where you went, what is was like and any tips about visiting.
If you are a Garden Owner you can add your Garden to our listings for free, simply post the details here or on our Facebook page and we will add them for you.