What could be more romantic than a cosy cottage for just you and your loved one this Valentine’s Day?
Heading off together for some time alone and away from the stresses and strains of day to day life is the perfect tonic for any relationship, whether you are in a new romance or are a couple in their 10th, 25th or 50th year together!
A Valentine cottage break lets you set your own pace and do your own thing, whether it is chilling out together indoors or exploring the countryside on romantic walks by the river, sea or countryside.
Where to head for a Valentine’s Day Cottage Break
The UK is not short of great self catering accommodation which can make choosing a little harder so we have selected cottages and apartments that are perfect for Valentine’s inspired romantic breaks in some of the prettiest parts of the UK.
- Romantic breaks in South Devon. South Devon, the English Riviera and the South Hams offer stunning coastlines, sweeping rivers, golden sandy beaches, rolling countryside, quaint fishing villages and so much more. A perfect romantic escape whether you are looking for coastline, countryside or a place to chill out. Find romantic breaks in South Devon»
- Romantic breaks in the Lakes. As one of the most beautiful areas of the UK, there is no better place to take your Valentine than the Lake District. With High Peaks, Open Fells and of course the great Lakes and rivers the landscape is there to be explored or just appreciated from your romantic cottage or lodge.
Find South Lakeland Valentine breaks»
- Peak District romance. An area of outstanding beauty covering parts of Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Cheshire, the Peak District provides great natural beauty in the form of moors and dales. Of course there are several famous stately homes nearby for a visit. Find romantic cottages in the Peak District»
- Romance in the Yorkshire Dales. A drystone cottage is Yorkshire in The Dales, surrounded by the patchwork of fields and glorious countryside is an idyllic and romantic break. The Dales has some wonderful towns and villages to explore as well as tea rooms to chill out in.
Cottages in the Yorkshire Dales»
- Romance in the Cotswolds. The Cotswolds is a favourite holiday destination for good reason, with its famed Cotswolds honey-coloured limestone cottages set in the beautiful rural countryside it is a visual feast. The phrase ‘picture-postcard villages’ was invented for it.
Cottages in the Cotswolds»
- Romantic breaks in the Norfolk Broads. On the east of the UK, the Broads waterways wind their way through the delightful Norfolk and Suffolk villages. Whether you are on a boat or staying close by the Broads are a romantic setting for any break.
Cottages in the Norfolk Broads»
- Romance in the Brecon Beacons. If you are looking for a romantic place there is nowhere better than Wales, and the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia provide heart warming scenery that will inspire the romance in everyone.
Cottages in the Brecon Beacons»
If these locations are not quite right for you don’t worry, you can search for romantic cottages and apartments across the UK.
Search for Romantic Cottages in England, Scotland and Wales
It’s hard to believe, as we have all only just returned to work/school, that the February half term is fast approaching!
Don’t get caught with nothing planned, why not make the most of the February half term with a family getaway?
Have great days out together, then enjoy a relaxing meal and card/board games in front of a cosy fire.
With thousands of self catering cottages, lodges and apartments across the UK & Ireland to choose from you’re bound to find the perfect place within reach of the attractions and activities you want to see.
What’s more, it doesn’t need to cost you a fortune…. there are 3 night February half term lodge breaks from £99*, 7 night cottage breaks from £288.
Browse for some great February half term self catering using the links below:
* Prices quoted were available on selected properties at the time of publishing. Accommodation only – including online booking fee, based on UK stays departing 15/02/14. Subject to availability, operator booking conditions will apply.
It may be Halloween, but we don’t want any rights on holiday or a short break, so today’s recommendation is the university town of Aberystwyth.
Lying on the west coast of Wales, it is a thriving metropolis of shops, restaurants, pubs and tea-rooms. This vibrant location also has museums to explore, excellent cinema and is home to the National Library of Wales.
A typically Victorian promenade lines the seafront and the cliff-top ruins of Aberystwyth castle dominate the entire town. A wealth of attractions are designed to entertain and inspire visitors to explore further afield.
The scenic 20-mile cycle route and footpath on the Ystwyth Trail follows a wonderful woodland and river path and links Aberystwyth to Tregaron. A trip on the Steam Railway from Aberystwyth to Devil’s Bridge is a great way to visit the falls.
The seaside resort of Borth is seven miles away with three miles of sandy beach and the ‘Animalarium’ to keep all ages amused.
With so many attractions, the castle, Welsh craft centres and stunning countryside to explore, this is a perfect base for a family holiday.
Check out some great Aberystwyth cottage breaks
What to do with the kids during the winter half term can be a challenge. We all know the weather can be unpredictable, at best, so the February school half term at home can feel like a lot of time locked in at home with children with far too much unused energy… does that sound familiar?
If it does, then why not consider taking a short break in a holiday lodge this February half term? It really is a perfect family solution.
Activity Parks to Swimming Pools and Family Fun
Lots of lodges can be found on popular holiday parks across the UK. During the School half term many of these parks will run kids entertainment programmes for everything from exploring in the great outdoors to indoor art and creativity sessions. In fact there will be lots to keep children of all ages entertained so that Mum and Dad can enjoy the break to, whatever the weather.
Many of the holiday parks with lodges also have swimming pools, table tennis tables, amusements and other facilities such as indoor play areas. So there are lots of things to do to wear even the most active children out during a fun packed day.
Accommodation for Families and Pets
Lodge accommodation is perfect for families providing comfortable and affordable self catering. Cosy even in February, lodges are available for families of all sizes and that includes your pet dog too!
Great Prices, Superb Value
Holiday lodges are excellently priced family self catering all year round, but they offer even better value in the winter half term where prices are much lower than in the summer. In addition you can find some great deals and discounts on holiday lodges across the UK which can save you even more. Take a look at some February half term lodge deals
With the new year rapidly approaching, the next school holiday on the horizon is the February Half Term and so now is the perfect time to snap up a bargain before they are all gone!
If you are looking for some school half term inspiration we might have just what you are looking for as we have added a whole new collection of cottages in the ever popular Cotswolds to our listings. Whether you are looking to explore picturesque villages, roam the countryside or relax in a home from home, you can be sure that, whichever one of the Cotswold cottages you choose you will have a great time.
The February half term is a great time to get away in a cottage, apartment or lodge as there is still plenty of outdoor fun to be had but its great to end the day in your cosy accommodation.
It is well worth considering a lodge on a holiday park during the February half term as there is quite often family entertainment on the park during the holiday period which keeps the children of all ages entertained even if the weather is on the cold or damp side!