What could be more romantic than a cosy cottage for just you and your loved one this Valentine’s Day?
Heading off together for some time alone and away from the stresses and strains of day to day life is the perfect tonic for any relationship, whether you are in a new romance or are a couple in their 10th, 25th or 50th year together!
A Valentine cottage break lets you set your own pace and do your own thing, whether it is chilling out together indoors or exploring the countryside on romantic walks by the river, sea or countryside.
Where to head for a Valentine’s Day Cottage Break
The UK is not short of great self catering accommodation which can make choosing a little harder so we have selected cottages and apartments that are perfect for Valentine’s inspired romantic breaks in some of the prettiest parts of the UK.
- Romantic breaks in South Devon. South Devon, the English Riviera and the South Hams offer stunning coastlines, sweeping rivers, golden sandy beaches, rolling countryside, quaint fishing villages and so much more. A perfect romantic escape whether you are looking for coastline, countryside or a place to chill out. Find romantic breaks in South Devon»
- Romantic breaks in the Lakes. As one of the most beautiful areas of the UK, there is no better place to take your Valentine than the Lake District. With High Peaks, Open Fells and of course the great Lakes and rivers the landscape is there to be explored or just appreciated from your romantic cottage or lodge.
Find South Lakeland Valentine breaks»
- Peak District romance. An area of outstanding beauty covering parts of Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Cheshire, the Peak District provides great natural beauty in the form of moors and dales. Of course there are several famous stately homes nearby for a visit. Find romantic cottages in the Peak District»
- Romance in the Yorkshire Dales. A drystone cottage is Yorkshire in The Dales, surrounded by the patchwork of fields and glorious countryside is an idyllic and romantic break. The Dales has some wonderful towns and villages to explore as well as tea rooms to chill out in.
Cottages in the Yorkshire Dales»
- Romance in the Cotswolds. The Cotswolds is a favourite holiday destination for good reason, with its famed Cotswolds honey-coloured limestone cottages set in the beautiful rural countryside it is a visual feast. The phrase ‘picture-postcard villages’ was invented for it.
Cottages in the Cotswolds»
- Romantic breaks in the Norfolk Broads. On the east of the UK, the Broads waterways wind their way through the delightful Norfolk and Suffolk villages. Whether you are on a boat or staying close by the Broads are a romantic setting for any break.
Cottages in the Norfolk Broads»
- Romance in the Brecon Beacons. If you are looking for a romantic place there is nowhere better than Wales, and the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia provide heart warming scenery that will inspire the romance in everyone.
Cottages in the Brecon Beacons»
If these locations are not quite right for you don’t worry, you can search for romantic cottages and apartments across the UK.
Search for Romantic Cottages in England, Scotland and Wales
Are you feeling loved up? Is 2014 the year for the extravagant gesture for your loved one?
Yes, you’ve guessed it, Valentine’s Day is on the horizon and so we need to start thinking about what to get or do for the special people in our lives.
If you are feeling a little short of inspiration this year, and who could blame you after all that effort on Christmas presents, then we may just have a great solution for you…. a romantic break in a country cottage, romantic log cabin or a luxury apartment.
Whether you want a weekend break, a long weekend, short break or holiday a romantic getaway is sure to melt the heart of your other half. You can choose from a wide range of self catering accommodation (cottages, apartments, flats, lodges, log cabins etc) with great features such as four poster beds, hot tubs and open log fires.
Find your romantic break »
If you are looking for a self catering break in the Stowmarket area of Suffolk, then take a close look at Leys Farmhouse Annexe.
This 1 bedroom bungalow it is perfect for a romantic escape or for parents with a young child (in a cot). The property has central heating, wi-fi, parking and an outdoor swimming pool for use in the summer.
If you want an outdoor, active, rural break this area is perfect with fishing, pony trekking, walking, golf and cycling all close by.
Feedback about the accommodation is equally positive including:
“Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in your clean and comfortable annexe. thank you for also providing the baby cot and high chair for our grandson.Most helpful. Would have no hesitation in recommending you to our friends. With thanks.”
“Excellent accommodation in a lovely area. all we could possibly need for a relaxing break. The wonderful Indian summer was a bonus.”
Find out more about Leys Farmhouse on Find Cottage Holidays »
Ok, the weather forecast for the upcoming Bank Holiday weekend are not exactly what we were all hoping for, less Indian summer more British Bank holiday.
However there is no reason to let it get us down and certainly we should take advantage of the last long weekend before Christmas!
We have plenty of cosy cottages across the UK and Ireland to choose from, including many with log fires or wood burning stoves to curl up in front of. Of course our lodges and holiday park accommodation offers you the perfect inside/outside holiday experience so you can make the most of the bright spells or shelter in a warm cabin or enjoy your own hot tub. What’s more the holiday parks have lots of entertainment on over the Bank Holiday weekend whatever the weather.
There is still some availability for the Bank Holiday weekend but you will have to be quick as they are selling out fast.
It’s nearly time for the last of the great British Summer Bank Holidays, with the popular end of August long weekend being your last chance in 2012 (well apart from the Christmas break).
So if you want to make the most of the extra long weekend and make the most of the weather why not take a self catering cottage break in England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland.
Even though this is a popular weekend to be away, being that it coincides with the end of the school holidays, there is still some great bargains and late availability for self catering accommodation ranging from cottages and apartments to lodges and bungalows.
In fact there are some great deals on budget and luxury breaks whether you are looking for a couple, family or group August Bank Holiday escape.
However, don’t wait long, there is not long left and accommodation is selling out fast. Take a look at some August Bank Holiday Self Catering
If you are planning a last-minute holiday in Norfolk check out these two cracking deals, but you will have to be quick as they are from this weekend!
- The Tardis is 2 bedroomed and sleeps 3. With its own private sunny patio overlooking a long raised lawn with fields and woodlands beyond. Book 14th-21st July 2012 and save £100!! Find out more
Both of these deals look excellent but if this is too short notice for you we have hundreds of other excellent holiday cottages, apartments, place and lodges for you to choose from in Norfolk. Search Norfolk Cottages and Apartments
These offers are via our travel partners Norfolk Country Cottages
We always like to share a good deal and this one looks very nice for a July holiday in the beautiful coastal area Suffolk. So how about £100 off a weeks stay from the 20th July 2012 at Stones Cottage in the village of Middleton which is an ideal base for exploring coastal Suffolk including Aldeburgh, Southwold and Dunwich and Minsmere Nature Reserve.
Stone Cottage has 2 bedrooms and sleeps 3, is a charming traditional end terraced Suffolk flint fronted country cottage (with small doorways and low ceilings). It has been stylishly modernised whilst retaining its character and charm. Appealingly decorated and comfortably furnished, with a fully enclosed rear terrace and garden, it is perfect for a romantic getaway or family holiday.
This great deal is available due to a last-minute cancellation so if you are interested you will need to get in quick. Find out more about Stone Cottage and click on the link to see the offer details.