Whether you are an avid racegoer, dedicated fashionista or are just looking for a good day out, The Cheltenham Festival which features the Cheltenham Gold Cup, is one of horse racings premier events and one of the highlights of the British social calendar.
In 2014 the Festival takes place between the 11th and 14th of March and is best described as ‘four days of atmosphere, anticipation and action, played out on a beautiful sporting arena that has no equal’.
Held over 4 days there is something for everyone:
- Tuesday is the first day of the Cheltenham Festival, Champion Day, and features the most important hurdle race of the season, the Champion Hurdle.
- Wednesday is Ladies Day so dress to impress! The best action is on the track though with the Queen Mother Champion Chase.
- Thursday is better known as St Patrick’s Thursday and is the perfect place to kick off the celebrations. Racing includes the World Hurdle and Chase.
- Friday is simply Cheltenham Gold Cup day – the big one! The climax of the entire Jump racing season and the day’s programme is arguably one of the best racing days of the year.
Whether you are looking to stay over the Cheltenham Festival week or just planning a visit to this wonderful Gloucestershire region, there is a superb selection of B&B and self catering accommodation ranging from cottages and apartments to lodges and cabins:
- Cheltenham cottages and self catering
- South Gloucestershire cottages and self catering
- West Gloucestershire cottages and self catering
- Gloucestershire cottages and self catering
- Gloucestershire B&B and Guest Houses
- Cheltenham B&B and Guest Houses